Personal Assistant job descriptionFREE Job Posting
Also known as an executive assistant, a personal assistant provides help and support to the upper management of a company. Some of their day-to-day duties often include replying to correspondence on behalf of executive team, preparing of meeting rooms for clients and providing directional assistance to other employees within the company. Some other duties involve the screening of phone calls, meeting and greeting visitors of all seniority, as well as making travel arrangements, such as booking hotels and flights.
A personal assistant is generally the first point of contact for a manager from both internal and external enquiries. The qualifications needed to become a personal assistant vary from job to job, while business training is definitely considered to be an advantage. Personal assistants are are essential to an executive team, and the ability to work unsupervised and use their initiative is highly desirable. The average salary for this position in the UK is roughly £18,000 per year.
Giving clerical, secretarial or administrative support to an executive manager is the role of a Personal Assistant. Assistants are capable of performing any office task and even act in the role of their managers during their absence.
Typically, Personal Assistants work with executive managers and plan or manage their daily activities. Some assistants even manage some personal or home functions for their managers. They are usually close to their bosses and are indispensable in making their jobs easier. Personal Assistants are often required to attend social client functions. This utilizes their social and networking skills, here they both represent their managers and the company.
The responsibilities of a Personal Assistant may include:
• Orientation preparations and exercises
• Monitoring calls and communication
• Receiving and sending electronic communication
• Assisting in the preparation of budgets and reports
• Acting in the stead of an office manager
• Making travel plans
• Scheduling meetings
• Answering client enquiries
• Supervising junior personal assistants
• Assisting marketing, sales or other departments
• Going out to client meetings, dinner or social events
• Interacting with bilingual, or diverse clients
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for personal assistant.
Last 12 months
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for personal assistant.
Categories According to our data, by number of offers, these are the most popular categories for personal assistant.
Cities According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top locations to get hired for personal assistant.
Salaries According to our data this is the average salary range offered for personal assistant.
Personal Assistant Jobs
Latest Job Offers
£7.84 - £9.49/hour
£34000 - £38000 per annum
Bristol, South West
£8.00 - £9.00/hour Mileage paid
23000-27000 Per Annum Great opportunity to progress
West Sussex, South East
Most Popular Job Searches
- Personal Assistant Apprenticeship
- Personal Assistant Administration Manager
- Personal Assistant Live Care
- Personal Assistant Carer
- Personal Assistant to Ceo
- Executive Personal Assistant Chairman
- Description Personal Assistant
- Personal Assistant Learning Disability
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Fashion Personal Assistant
Related Job Descriptions
- Administration Assistant
- Business Admin
- Data Entry
- Document Controller
- Executive Pa
- General Administrator
- Local Government
- Office Admin
- Office Assistant
- Office Manager
- Part Time Admin
- Public Sector
- Sales Administrator