With 68% of employers searching applicants on Facebook, there’s no denying of the fact that we are heading towards a new dawn of digitization in the field of job search and recruitment. The journey from submitting physical copies of the resumes to sending the electronic version of the same has truly been awesome. Now that we have stepped into the digital era of job hunt, 2019 is expected to bring forth further digitization that will contribute to the new wave change. Job hunting in the digital age is incomplete without smarter resume formats, digitization, online interviews, video conferences and the likes. Here’s why.
Online Reputation in the Digital Age
Reportedly, 73% of companies have leveraged the potential of social media in order to recruit candidates. And this is exactly why an individual requires an impressiveonline reputation. If you are a recruiter, then the chances are that you want to scan the details of your employee and know the person via social media platforms before calling him/her up for a face-to-face interview or prior to sending across an offer letter.
If we are to look at things from the perspective of an employee, then the role of maintaining a digital reputation is equally significant for him/her. For instance, LinkedIn has more than 500 million members and 63 million unique mobile users per month, there’s no doubt that the platform is one of the preferred hotspots for both employees and employers across the globe. This is exactly why the context of building an online reputation and staying professionally active via digital modes of communication have gained importance.
Apart from LinkedIn contributing to the career prospects of the job hunters, other new-age applications are backing up the prospective employees and employers. Twylah, VisualCV, AngelList; it is an extensive list. Now, if you haven’t made yourself visible online, here’s something for you. Take a look:
- Employees and the employers stand a better chance to be trusted, both as a brand and as an individual.
- Sharing and talking about corporate accolades and skills via digital platform will allow you to ensure better exposure. It will alsoenhance the opportunity of an individual and increase the chances of gettingspotted by reputedrecruiters across the globe.
- It is said companies with good online reputation are likely to attract more business.
- Online Reputation Management strategies highlight the strength of a company and combat all negative propaganda of the rivals.
- Maintaining consistent online reputation helps the employers and employees to foster transparency and honesty.
Now that you have read through the section and understood thebenefits a positive online reputation can provide, you might like to harness its potential and start building career-oriented online reputation right away.
Video Interviews are Here to Stay
According to a survey that included 506 companies, video interviewing not only cuts cost, but also saves the recruiter’s time. 47% of the surveyed companies admitted that video interviewing shortens the time it takes to hire an employee. In another amazing revelation, it has been found that a 5-minute live video interview is equivalent to a 200 question written assessment. So, we don’t have enough reason not to embrace such digital waves of changes, do we? It is also to be mentioned that the emergence of advanced video conferencing applications like Google Duo and Skype is adding up to the value further.
Now that the stats are clear and reports are out, let’s delve deeper and learn about the significance of video interviews. Here you go:
- Video interviewing improves the quality of the hiring process, as the recruiters are able to scan more candidates and assess them, by overcoming the boundaries of time and distance.
- Video interviewing significantly reduces conscious and subconscious bias.
- Video interviews help candidates listen to other employees conversing and talking about the job role. This, as a result, allows him/her to monitor the company’s credibility, based on real-time data and revelations.
With significant advantages, it is likely that the trend shall continue to rule the realm of job hunting in the years to come.
Virtual Interviews are Here to Stay
It goes without saying that one cannot expect to land his/her dream job in a renowned organisation without having an impressive resume to send across. And when it comes to securing jobs and assessing prospective employers in today’s world of digital advancements, you can’t do without digital resumes. Posted in inc.com, every corporate job opening attracts 250 resumes. According to another source, Yahoo gets 2,000 resumes each workday on an average, while Google once received 75,000 resumes in a single week. Now, if we are to consider this data, it is pretty indicative that the demand and functionality of digital resumes are certainly on the rise.
Prof. Vivian Jones, program coordinator and chief assignment help expert associated with a leading e-learning portal says…
“Ever since we have embraced the trend of online resumes, we are able to shortlist more suitable candidates for the post of bloggers and writers. No more stringent paperwork and taking the pain of meeting every candidate individually. Writers send across their CV online, and our recruiters handpick the most suitable ones after going through their career episodes virtually”.
Things are undeniably much easier for an individual when all they have to do isassess resumes online without being subjected to the hassles of physical paperwork. It also eliminates the risk of missing documents and the likes. In case you wish to know the reasons why you need a digital resume in the first place, here’s something for you.
Online resumes make it 10 times easier and accessible for prospective employers to go through the bio data and assess the credibility accordingly.
- Online resumes help candidates to send across the document to multiple organizations, with a click of the mouse.
- Maintaining digital CVs is a better way to ensure safety, as far as misplacement of an essential document is concerned.
- In the era of global digitization, staying updated with digital resumes will help you to explore better job opportunities.
In today’s job market, digital resumes have a great significance, which is likely to increase. With each passing day, it is likely that more virtually developed resume management strategies will come up and redefine the recruitment process altogether.
Statistically, the number of people working in the United Kingdom rose by 23,000 to 32.41 million in the 3rd quarter of 2018. This is again a clear indication of the fact that the job market is booming, which will call forbetter and organized recruitment policies in order to manage a large group of candidates. On the other hand, potential employees need to keep their CVs updated, revamp their technical know-how and get tech-savvy in order to embrace new trends and bag jobs like a pro.
Jijo is a digital marketer associated with a leading digital agency in the United Kingdom. Apart from being a professional marketer, Jijo is an experienced resume writer associated with GoDissertationHelp. He is extremely passionate and diligent when it comes to meeting his professional responsibilities. He loves to travel on his bike and visits countryside destinations on the weekend.