Christmas is just around the corner and so are the seasonal jobs. And Christmas jobs are an opportunity to put some money into your pocket, acquire more experience and meet new people.
To make your temporary Christmas job search more efficient, we have selected the most in demand positions for you based on some key data and labour market trends in the UK.
Start your Christmas temp job search now!
Most companies start recruiting Christmas staff as early as October with a peak in November. The time is now! Browsing on many job boards and recruitment agencies can be messy. So to find all the available positions across different websites in just one place visit JobisJob.
Christmas jobs offers in the last 12 months (source: Job Market Insights).
Seasonal jobs created for you: Where, what and who
Search your Christmas job throughout the UK sorting by location or finding your town in the map. As usual, London, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham and Leeds have the most job offers, but there are opportunities almost everywhere. Retail, logistics, and hospitality & catering are growing sectors these months. Do you want or do you have experience in one of the following industries? These are the ones most in demand:
And to make the search more specific, try with some of the job titles to be guided:
Department stores and retailers are among the top recruiters in Christmas time. Debehmans and QD Stores are in the list. Delivery services, such as Royal Mail, and beauty stores positions are also topping the ranking.
And one last tip: start the search as soon as possible, be flexible, and prepare to start ASAP… Enjoy your Christmas job!
*Source: Job Market Insights
As we approach the end of the year, we are in the habit of writing the traditional New Year’s resolutions, with common promises such as “healthier life”, “spending more time with family”, “quitting smoking” and other generalized purposes. However, what about promises related to work?
The working environment is a very influential factor to our state of mind, and it is in our hands to make it positive. That is why we have thought of creating a list of work-oriented goals.
We have come up with a list of 5 purposes to improve your presence at work:
- If all that is being important to you has been your own problems, is time to change. It’s also your responsibility to create a warm atmosphere in which you develop deeper relationships with colleagues. Showing interest in their lives and concerns is a good way of creating harmonious bonds with others.
- Be clear about what your role is at work. If you do not know how you are contributing to the success of the company and what your role is, you will not have enough motivation.
- Always want to learn. Overcoming your limitations is necessary to feel fulfilled and at ease. Do not give up on the minimum problem you face, it is important to know how to face the problems and move on.
- Express your opinions. To externalize what you feel at certain moments is key to not hold resentment or bad thoughts that can cause negative effects in the future.
- Try to see the good side of things. On the days you are tired visualize your life with a positive perspective.
This list can be a good way to welcome the next 365 days with a smile. From JobisJob we want to thank you for being with us in 2018 and wish you a very HAPPY 2019. Have a great one!