As we approach the end of the year, we are in the habit of writing the traditional New Year’s resolutions, with common promises such as “healthier life”, “spending more time with family”, “quitting smoking” and other generalized purposes. However, what about promises related to work?
The working environment is a very influential factor to our state of mind, and it is in our hands to make it positive. That is why we have thought of creating a list of work-oriented goals.
We have come up with a list of 5 purposes to improve your presence at work:
- If all that is being important to you has been your own problems, is time to change. It’s also your responsibility to create a warm atmosphere in which you develop deeper relationships with colleagues. Showing interest in their lives and concerns is a good way of creating harmonious bonds with others.
- Be clear about what your role is at work. If you do not know how you are contributing to the success of the company and what your role is, you will not have enough motivation.
- Always want to learn. Overcoming your limitations is necessary to feel fulfilled and at ease. Do not give up on the minimum problem you face, it is important to know how to face the problems and move on.
- Express your opinions. To externalize what you feel at certain moments is key to not hold resentment or bad thoughts that can cause negative effects in the future.
- Try to see the good side of things. On the days you are tired visualize your life with a positive perspective.
This list can be a good way to welcome the next 365 days with a smile. From JobisJob we want to thank you for being with us in 2018 and wish you a very HAPPY 2019. Have a great one!
THANK YOU SO MUCH. We cannot imagine a better way to start… From JobisJob we would like to thank you for trusting in our job search engine.
In 2017 not only did we expand your opportunities by increasing the number of job vacancies but also by opening up 2 new markets: Guatemala and Uruguay. Because in our perception there are neither borders nor barriers.
2017 has been a great year for Job Market Insights, our Big Data Tool for an in-depth and comprehensive analysis of the labour market. A great year with great projects, and we will keep doing so in 2018.
We wish you great success and prosperity in the coming year. Life is full of adventures and challenges. In the words of the writer and philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson: “He who is not every day conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.”
JobisJob will keep on innovating and creating value for the sake of our users. Our best wishes for Christmas and the New Year that is just around the corner.
How can we bring tradition, togetherness, fun and magic to Christmas time at our daily workplace in the final month of the year? We all know the answer: Secret Santa. Yes, we all know that playing Secret Santa can be very entertaining, especially when it’s your boss’s idea.
But… Your smile suddenly freezes when you discover the name of the person hidden in your inbox or on a slip of paper with the subject “Secret Santa”. It’s at that moment that a terrible dilemma arises and smashes your enthusiasm for this Christmas game into smithereens. What should I get? What should I get? And suddenly you remember why you swore to yourself that you wouldn’t take part in it again. So, without realising, you’ve given in to that peer pressure and the good cheer that goes along with Christmas spirit. The game, without a doubt, can be a welcome escape from the daily grind, the reward is that you get to know a colleague better.
As Christmas is almost here, many of you will be probably looking for a job related to these special days. Christmas always represents an opportunity to get a job, since brands create campaigns and a bigger workforce is required. Either if you are a student looking for earning some money or you just want to get more experience, retail, customer service or logistics are growing sectors which have plenty of vacancies waiting for you. So, in order to help you achieving this aim we have summarised some relevant information of the Christmas Job Trends 2017*. Read on and start the New Year with some dosh in your pocket. Continue reading
We are proposing eight different ideas to promote team spirit among colleagues and celebrate this time of the year.
The arrival of December means one thing: the arrival of Christmas. It is one of the times of year where we strengthen our relationships between our personal and professional lives. Sometimes traditions can become tired and the same activities get repeated year after year. Since this is such an important time of year, which everyone enjoys, it is important to celebrate it at the office and for everyone to take part and have a good time.
The celebrations can help to promote team spirit among colleagues and create a more cohesive company or organization. And, why not have a little fun? Work is important but productivity with increase significantly if the working atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed throughout the year, and particularly at this time of year.
We have come up with a series of ideas on how to celebrate Christmas at the office, getting away from or transforming the typical celebrations and traditions, which everyone is a little tired of. Take a risk! Have a good time with your colleagues.
- Decorate the office. For example, put a tree in the office and each colleague can bring their own decoration with a personal meaning or a special connection with another colleague. Help your colleagues to get to know each other better.
- Organize a breakfast. Forget the typical Christmas dinner and that way you can make sure that everyone in the office can attend. To make things more fun and involving, give it a theme where everyone has to come in fancy dress. If a themed party seems a bit over the top, you can always organize a picnic if there is a park or patch of grass nearby.
- Take a risk! Create a Christmas jumper competition and give a prize to the most original. One of the days before the Christmas holidays, all the workers who want to take part can wear their funniest Christmas jumper and people are sure to have a good laugh!
- Organize a Christmas photocall. The workers can take photos and to incentivize what they are doing you can organize a competition with a prize (some office stationary, a free week in the company’s canteen, etc.) All of the selfies that the employees have taken during the Christmas period can be included. Afterwards, you can print all the photos and dedicate a space in the office to hang them.
- Don’t forget the traditions. Organize a Secret Santa or Kris Kringle among the colleagues in the office, and provide a sheet where they can all write suggestions for their presents, if anyone is a little unsure what to get. It is also a good idea to buy a present for everybody, of the type “This is for…”. Who doesn’t like to receive a present at this time of year?
- Organize a Christmas dinner. Is there anything more typical? But to be more entertaining, organise a silly awards competition and get colleagues to vote for categories such as “The most…”. If this kind of competition is a bit much, don’t forget to liven up the meal with other party games. Most of all, make sure your employees don’t get bored!
- If your colleagues have a strong relationship and they’d like to do something different, there is always room for more original plans, such as bowling or paintball. If they want to spend more time together and create more elaborate plans, a relaxing weekend getaway is a nice idea.
- And, the fail-safe solution: round every plan off with karaoke!