As we approach the end of the year, we are in the habit of writing the traditional New Year’s resolutions, with common promises such as “healthier life”, “spending more time with family”, “quitting smoking” and other generalized purposes. However, what about promises related to work?
The working environment is a very influential factor to our state of mind, and it is in our hands to make it positive. That is why we have thought of creating a list of work-oriented goals.
We have come up with a list of 5 purposes to improve your presence at work:
- If all that is being important to you has been your own problems, is time to change. It’s also your responsibility to create a warm atmosphere in which you develop deeper relationships with colleagues. Showing interest in their lives and concerns is a good way of creating harmonious bonds with others.
- Be clear about what your role is at work. If you do not know how you are contributing to the success of the company and what your role is, you will not have enough motivation.
- Always want to learn. Overcoming your limitations is necessary to feel fulfilled and at ease. Do not give up on the minimum problem you face, it is important to know how to face the problems and move on.
- Express your opinions. To externalize what you feel at certain moments is key to not hold resentment or bad thoughts that can cause negative effects in the future.
- Try to see the good side of things. On the days you are tired visualize your life with a positive perspective.
This list can be a good way to welcome the next 365 days with a smile. From JobisJob we want to thank you for being with us in 2018 and wish you a very HAPPY 2019. Have a great one!
You’ve revamped your kitchen, your dining room and maybe even your garden. You may think of the word revamp as a chore, something that takes time, effort, and probably quite a bit of money. But have you ever thought of revamping the most important part of your life? Have you ever thought of revamping yourself?
Think about your life; family, friends, your city and your career? Are you happy? If you’re not happy, what is something you can do to be happy? Your well-being is more important than anything else, and if the reason for your unhappiness is your job, then it’s time to change.
Summer is almost here and what better way than to reflect in some place warm and wonderful? Here are 4 great ways to start the revamping process to a new and improved you. (And don’t worry; the self-revamping process is not like the kitchen revamp or living room makeover. This is something we look forward to and something that’ll change our lives for the better.)
4 steps to revamping yourself and your career
Reflect. Visit a peaceful place, a place where you feel calm and relaxed. Leave your mobile at home but bring an empty notebook and pen. Reflect on your past, what made you unhappy in your previous job and what you’d like to change for the future. What interests you? What are your skills? Could you turn them into a career? Write these thoughts down and begin to think about how you can achieve these goals.
A goal. Go somewhere where you feel inspired. We all need goals to keep us motivated and on track. Write down your ultimate goals, both career and personal. Write down the steps you need to take to arrive at your goal. If you’d like to make a big career change, note skills you need to learn or courses and additional training that will help you along the way.