Department Manager job descriptionPost Job
Department managers are responsible for all the functions of a sales department. They oversee the staff and implement strategies to increase productivity. These managers also conduct training and seminars to motivate and build the skills of their team members. Managers continually assess their employee productivity levels and help them to achieve their sales goals.
It is their jobs to produce methods that will benefit the department and by extension the business. They support business efforts and implement company changes. These managers must maintain quality customer service in their departments by training staff on sales pitches, how to cold call, and stress management techniques, such as how to cope with disgruntled callers. Their main goal is to have higher sales each month and generate new business opportunities.
Functions of a Department Manager may include:
• Enforce quality customer service
• Mentor and train employees
• Provide a comfortable working environment
• Implement business strategies to increase sales
• Maintain and improve company standards
• Prepare staff for job transition and succession
• Manage the execution of product promotions
• Keep staff motivated
• Recruit, interview, hire, coach, assess and fire employees
• Exceed sales and customer satisfaction objectives
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for department manager.
Last 12 months
Companies According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top companies that are hiring for department manager.
Last 12 monthsMore companies
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for department manager.
Categories According to our data, by number of offers, these are the most popular categories for department manager.
Cities According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top locations to get hired for department manager.
Salaries According to our data this is the average salary range offered for department manager.
Department Manager Jobs
Latest Job Offers
Up to £50,000 to £55,000 plus bonus and benefits
Competitive salary plus benefits
£35k - £42k per annum + Car, £15k+ OTE, bens
High Wycombe, England
Most Popular Job Searches
- Retail Department Manager Manager
- Technical Department Manager
- Emergency Department Manager
- Department Manager Section
- Department Manager Operations
- Department Manager Home
- Department Manager Foods
- Department Manager Engineering
- Department Manager Description
- Department Manager Section Manager Food
Related Job Descriptions