Concierge job description
This position requires an understanding of the travel industry. Many employers prefer a degree in hospitality or any related field. A strong knowledge of the local area is also beneficial. Since the position is often fast-paced and demanding, employers require someone with excellent problem-solving and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills are a must, and fluency in several languages is an advantage.
Concierges may be involved in maintaining guest records and attending to customer's needs and questions on available facilities and services, travel routes, tours, schedules for outings or transportation as well as making bookings and obtaining tickets for special events. Most concierges are able to make an annual salary of £14,349 - £20,723.
Making a guest feel welcomed at a hotel and that they enjoy their stay; is the responsibility of the Concierge. They work closely with the hotel staff to meet the needs of their guests, no matter what it may be. They provide nanny service, transportation, laundry service and simply direct guests to sites and locations in their city.
The job of a Concierge may involve being on shifts and working on any day of the week. Some hotels even have part time positions available. They must be available to work late hours or night shifts. Some hotels provide benefits such as meal, uniform, transportation, health care, pension and general insurance. a Concierge is able to move up to managerial positions within the hotel; for example general manager, hospitality manager, or office manager.
A Concierge usually performs many of the following tasks:
• Meeting guests in the reception area
• Helping guests with their baggage
• Showing guests to their rooms
• Handling customer queries
• Taking and delivering messages for the guests
• Making travel and restaurant reservations for guests
• Being clear and friendly on telephone calls
• Being courteous and helpful
• Being discrete and honest
• Being proactive and working in teams
• Being professional and responsible
• Information technology and multitasking
• Relating to diverse people from various backgrounds
• Reporting and quality maintenance
• Resolving problems quickly and efficiently
• Speaking several languages
• Supervision and communication
A Concierge is oftentimes one of the first persons a guest meets at a hotel. He or she has to employ all their skills to make that guest feels welcomed. Employers will appreciate their skills more so than their qualifications. Some Concierge, begin at the basic positions at a hotel; for example a bell boy. They then work through the various positions.
Many hotels have apprentice programs where they hire and train their staff for Concierge positions. Some professionals do pursue training and certification in Hospitality Services, and Hotel Management.
Top Location for Concierge:
- Borehamwood (7)
Related Job Descriptions
Find here job descriptions related to Facilities
- Electrical Designer
- Estate Agent
- Facilities Management
- Installation Engineer
Users who search for Facilities might also be interested in:
Top Companies hiring now:
The most popular companies hiring now Concierge are
- Progressive Personnel (10)
- Spring Personnel (10)
- Creative Support (9)
- Claibon Property Services (8)
- Office Concierge (8)