Logistics - Distribution Jobs
Logistics and Distribution jobs are related to the collection, reception and distribution of goods and materials, in order to get them to the market.
Logistics area is required to ensure that a supply chain is performed effectively by delivering services and goods wherever they are needed. It includes various subsectors such as information technology, engineering, customer services, marketing, planning, project management, health and safety, among others. This area involves processes from purchase of raw materials to customer service. People working in Logistics usually perform tasks like planning distribution routes, loading goods to lorries, driving long distances and storing finished products.
Requirements and skills
Even though the skills required by people working in Logistics and Distribution vary according to the professional qualifications and profiles, there are certain characteristics and traits which are always common in this sector:
- Being able to solve problems quickly
- Being able to work in team
- Being able to work systematically
- Have an optimal planning capability
- Being well organized and tidy person
- Good time management
For certain Logistics and Distribution jobs connected to Management, Sales and Engineering, the following abilities would also be required:
- Communication skills both written and spoken
- Negotiation abilities
- Technical and scientific qualifications
- Decision making capability
The Logistics and Distribution sector offers a lot of professional outlooks in different areas, such as the following ones:
- Green Logistics: works to make sure that the impact of Logistics process is minimized on the environment.
- Disposal Logistics: its objective is to improve and streamline the waste disposal processes in business.
- Procurement Logistics: covers all the purchasing process: make-or-buy decisions, supplier management, ordering, and order controlling, and also the market search and requirement planning needed to activate the production workflow.
- Distribution logistics: is related to the delivery of the finished products to the customer. It affects the order processing, warehousing and transportation.
- Reverse Logistics: is focused on the reutilization of materials and products which are surplus and being reused, such as products being returned to vendors from buyers. It covers the planning, implementing, and controlling the raw materials flow, in-process inventory, finished goods and the process of moving goods from their destination for recapturing value or proper disposal.
- RAM Logistics (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability): is concerned with developing highly technological systems for sensitive sectors such as telecommunications and military industry.
Job titles include but are not limited to the following:
- Logistics Manager
- Picker and Packer
- Delivery Driver
- Transport Planner
- Shipping Administrator
- Courier Controller
- Purchasing Assistant
It’s an infinite list!
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for Logistics - Distribution.
Last 12 months
Companies According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top companies that are hiring for Logistics - Distribution.
Last 12 monthsMore companies
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for Logistics - Distribution.
Cities According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top locations to get hired for Logistics - Distribution.
Salaries According to our data this is the average salary range offered for Logistics - Distribution.
Logistics - Distribution Jobs
Latest Job Offers
£29k - £30k pa + £5k sa & up to 25% bonuse
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, South East
£35k - £45k pa
Nottinghamshire, East Midlands
Liverpool, Merseyside, North West
From £11 to £11 per hour
Plymouth, Devon, South West
From £12.50 to £12.50 per hour
Manchester, Lancashire, North West
£27 - £33 p hour + LTD
Farnborough, Hampshire, Hampshire, South East
£20000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits
Lutterworth, Leicestershire, East Midlands
£40k - £45k pa + 25/day holiday plus bank holidays
Lichfield, Staffordshire, West Midlands
£25000 - £28000 per annum
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland
Up to £11 per hour
Greenford, Middlesex, South East
Related Job Descriptions