As we approach the end of the year, we are in the habit of writing the traditional New Year’s resolutions, with common promises such as “healthier life”, “spending more time with family”, “quitting smoking” and other generalized purposes. However, what about promises related to work?
The working environment is a very influential factor to our state of mind, and it is in our hands to make it positive. That is why we have thought of creating a list of work-oriented goals.
We have come up with a list of 5 purposes to improve your presence at work:
- If all that is being important to you has been your own problems, is time to change. It’s also your responsibility to create a warm atmosphere in which you develop deeper relationships with colleagues. Showing interest in their lives and concerns is a good way of creating harmonious bonds with others.
- Be clear about what your role is at work. If you do not know how you are contributing to the success of the company and what your role is, you will not have enough motivation.
- Always want to learn. Overcoming your limitations is necessary to feel fulfilled and at ease. Do not give up on the minimum problem you face, it is important to know how to face the problems and move on.
- Express your opinions. To externalize what you feel at certain moments is key to not hold resentment or bad thoughts that can cause negative effects in the future.
- Try to see the good side of things. On the days you are tired visualize your life with a positive perspective.
This list can be a good way to welcome the next 365 days with a smile. From JobisJob we want to thank you for being with us in 2018 and wish you a very HAPPY 2019. Have a great one!
Johan Cruyff will be remembered as an exceptional footballer and a one-of-a-kind manager with a revolutionary style of playing that he always believed in, and which changed the history of teams like Ajax and FC Barcelona.
The new year just started and with it, that recurring moment when we make endless lists of firm resolutions. But, as if by art of magic, these resolutions fade away amongst excuses or false beliefs that we will impose them upon ourselves as the days, months or even years go by…
If you’re one of those people who are always saying: “Now’s not the time” or “I just can’t do it”, one of those who drag around their fear of failure like a hangman’s noose, or those who need that final shove to reach a turning point, you’re sure to love these videos. Because change begins by believing in it!
1. What’s important? The Swedish multinational IKEA made an interesting suggestion in their advertisement THE OTHER LETTER, based on a sociological experiment.
2. What would you change about yourself? It’s curious that the older we grow and the more experience we have, instead of removing our blindfolds, we put them on…
Summer is winding down and if you’re not back to work already, you’ll be there soon. It’s hard to get back into the swing of things after a relaxing summer, but we’ve got a few quotes that will motivate you to do your very best (even if the sun is shining brightly through your office window)!
13 quotes to motivate your post-summer frame of mind
So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains. Dr. Seuss
Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. John D. Rockefeller
Mornings are rough. Mornings at the beginning of the week, yes Monday, we’re looking at you, are especially rough. We’ve all been there; the alarm goes off at 7:00, we’ve planned a run before work but instead, we snooze until 8:15, grab an apple from the fridge and run to catch the tube. We know it’s good for our mind and body to wake up early, exercise and have a good breakfast before work, but sometimes it’s easier to stay in bed.
We’re here to help you break away from that old routine with 10 easy steps to follow throughout the day!
Getting motivated before work
Always try and plan out your days the night before. You want to wake up a bit earlier to work out? Decide on it before going to bed; if you’ve set the mentality, you’re more likely to wake up when you said you would.
Before pouring your morning tea or coffee, have a glass of water. While you sleep, your body becomes dehydrated; fuelling it with caffeine is not a good idea. Studies have shown that a glass of water first thing in the morning not only gives you the hydration your body needs but it may fire up your metabolism! A glass of water also gets your brain cells moving, causing you to feel less tired and moody throughout the day.
You’ve heard it before, and we’re about to tell you again. Exercising or stretching in the morning will help you be awesome all day. You’ll be happier, thanks endorphins, your mind will be more alert and you’ll have more energy. It’s a win-win!
Throw away those sugary cereals, they’ll only make you tired and possibly more hungry later in the morning. Opt for high fibre cereals like bran flakes or oatmeal. It doesn’t have to be a bland bowl: add nuts and berries and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. Avocados are a power food! Spread half an avocado on whole wheat toast, add a poached egg to the top and you’ve got yourself a protein powered breakfast!